Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'm back!

     And good lord did I miss a shitload of opportunities to sell my soul to the media for a few extra views.  I don't remember what I've been doing during this break, to be honest.  It involved video games, I know that much.  It seems like a pretty common break reason for a lot of people, but it's been about a year and a half.  This is a bit insane.  There was a lull in the news, though, and I didn't have much to write about.  Then life hit, I guess, and I stopped writing.  Actually, I just lost internet for a while.  I'm not sure if this counts as "life hitting", but whatever.  But, new computer, new goals, new everything and so on.  If I hear something interesting in the news I'll be commenting on it.  Wait!  There was something interesting rather recently!

     Ted Nugent has been causing a pretty nice uproar in the media lately, and Bill Mahar commented on it.  Yes, the old fuck is commenting on the old fuck.  What I'm going to be commenting on, though, isn't politics.  Kind of related, but not completely.  Teddy called Obama a sub-human mongrel.  Or Mongol, I can't understand what these people are saying about him.  It was probably mongrel.  Bad pronunciation aside, everyone's accusing him of being racist because of this comment.  First off, he is.  And he probably said this primarily because Obama's black.  Well, half black.  Someone could, in fact, call Obama a sub-human mongrel and not be racist for it.  Not every insult directed at anyone with some small amount of blackness in them is because they're a shade of gray.  Saying something negative about a black person doesn't automatically mean you hate all black people, it just means that this specific black person was doing something worth commenting on.  Sometimes this is in a positive manner, but most of the time it's not.  That or we just take more note of the negative, which seems to be the general feel of this population.  I'd like to state this yet again: I'm not defending ol' Teddy.  Can't stand the old fuck.  I don't like country music much, and the guy's got scrambled eggs for brains.  I'm only defending what he says and how it doesn't automatically make someone a racist if they say something negative about a black person.

     Now let's move on to less relevant things.  I started writing a book since the last time you guys saw me.  It's a fantasy/sci-fi book, and it's up for free on wattpad.  Because advertising to an extremely small group of people always boosts page views by at least 400x the original amount.
     Another thing is that I won't be following a set schedule.  I will try to make these things at least a day apart, though.  I do have a few ideas floating around in my head right now.  I figure it's better to stretch content out than it is to stretch for content.  I don't unsubscribe from people on YouTube because they don't upload enough, I do it because their blacksmithing channel turned into a My Little Pony orgy.  Or because their content just started to suck.  Usually the second one.
     On another note of complete irrelevancy, 100 posts has just been made.  I'm a total badass.

No comments: