Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why I'm a Juggalo.

     I'd like to start out saying that I find it mildly funny that the first thing suggested as a correction for Juggalo was Jugular.

     That aside, I've been asked by several people over the years why someone of my intellect became a Juggalo.  I have a few reasons that I'll list here since I have nothing better to do at 4:20 AM.

     I started to listen to Juggalo music about three years ago (my Freshman year in high school.)  The first song I'd heard was Fuck the World by the Insane Clown Posse.  It was suggested to me by a Senior from that year who was section leader for the trumpets at school.  After listening to that song a few times I'd gotten into the album it's on, which is The Amazing Jeckel Brothers.  I slowly got interested in the rest of the Joker Card series of albums that ICP had made.  I became a Juggalo around December of my Freshman year in high school, and I've been one ever since.  Never looked back and thought that it was a bad choice.  That's one lesson you have to learn from life:  Do nothing you'll regret and regret nothing you do.  That's how I live, and aside the fact that school's still driving me nuts, I'm a pretty happy guy.

     After I became a Juggalo, I started to study things involving ICP's music and now I'm to the point where I can list you every joker's card, the track listing to it, how long it is, and what year it came out.  I'm a good learner, even though I'm more than likely becoming a high school drop-out.  But, back to the topic, after I learned ICP like the back of my hand I started listening to Anybody Killa (ABK), then Blaze Ya Dead Homie (Blaze), then Dark Lotus (Lotus), then Axe Murder Boyz (AMB).  I've sidetracked to other artists like Sublime, Tech N9ne, The Dirty Heads, Etcetera, Etcetera.  They're all good artists, I suggest anyone reading this look them up sometime.

     I think the reason I've stayed a Juggalo so long, though, is because it offers a sense of family that I've never really had.  My dad left the state when I was five, and every time I talk to him he's drunk off his ass and yelling.  My mom was just never there for me.  My grandmother died a couple years back.  My great grandma drives me up a wall constantly (which is why I sleep from 6 PM to 2 AM.)  My aunt was there for me for a while, and still is to an extent.  But that's just about it.  Other than that, I have a close friend who I call my sister on occasion.

     So, for all of you wondering why I'm a Juggalo, and why I stick by being a Juggalo, here you are.

No comments: