Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sexuality

     I saw this on television today, and I thought I'd do a post on it.  There's a woman who decided to say it was a choice to be a lesbian.  I personally think is true, and doesn't really matter.  She's bisexual, and she's been through both genders and she prefers women over men.  This doesn't really put the performance of men down or anything, it just means she'd rather be with a woman.  There are people who say that being homosexual isn't a choice, but I think it can be either.  There are some people who it wasn't a choice for.  A good example is a very close friend of mine.  She's deathly afraid of the male reproductive organs and doesn't want to be with a man at all.  She didn't have much of a choice with this.  The fear itself may have been associated with her last boyfriend, since he was an ass.  He didn't rape her or anything, to my knowledge, but he did use a guilt trip to get her to perform some sexual favours for him.  I personally think what he did was wrong, but that's just me.  I think a sexual favour should be something both people involved should want to do out of their own choice, be it the other person thinks they've earned it or if they just want to do it because they enjoy it.  But, back on topic, sometimes your sexuality is a choice.  If you're bisexual it's always a choice to be with a man or a woman simply because you enjoy both.  I think there're some things in both genders that're good for each person.  It's just true.
     Also, since women seem to be getting a lot more empowered lately, I'd like to say my opinion on all of this.  Women and men do play different parts in society.  It's just unavoidable.  Women were historically the primary caregivers of the hearth and home.  They took care of the husbands, they cooked the food the husbands obtained, they cleaned the house with the tools the men bought and made.  In the days before the woman's liberation movement, and before women were oppressed, women and men had an equal role in the house.  Men provided the tools and food, women used the tools to clean and used the food to cook.  I'm not saying a woman's job is less important.  I mean, a man will never be able to clean as well as a woman, simply because men aren't as good at paying attention to detail.  Women will never be able to hunt and things like that as efficiently as men because their brains weren't made to aim that well.  Men and women, in my personal opinion, play completely different roles in society, each is equally important.  I think, in a decently run world, women and men should make their lives easier if they were a bit more dependant on each other, but could live just as well without one another.  I personally think that a woman, who's with a man at least, should stay home.  Women nowadays don't want to be married because it increases their stress levels.  Some women have jobs, kids, and a home.  Their husbands have a job, kids, and a home.  That combination should never happen.  I think the man should worry about the job and keeping the home and the woman should focus on keeping the kids happy and keeping the home a home instead of just a place for your stuff.  Now, all of this being said, I'm not biased to either gender.  Humans simply could not exist without both genders.  Without men, even with the sperm banks, sperm would eventually run out.  And when it did, no more humans.  Without women the eggs would run out, as well.  They're both equally important.
     Now, I'd like to say my opinions on racism and sexism.  I don't think our differences should be ignored, because we're all different.  A woman has a vagina, a man has a penis.  Some people have black skin, some have white, some have yellow, some have brown, and I'm pretty sure at the north pole it's cold enough for them to have blue skin.  It's unavoidable.  But I don't think we should put people down for those differences, or pick them up.  I think we should realize them and put them aside at times they're not needed.  Everyone's different in their own way, it's true and will always be true.  I don't think someone should be restricted due to their colour, gender, or their sexuality, but by their intellect and physical ability.
     All that said, I'm not a racist or a sexist.  Nor am I against being homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual.  I notice people are different, but I don't insult them on that.  I insult them on how they act, because that's what I feel really matters.

No comments: