Monday, May 28, 2012

E-Readers

Why are people so against them?  I don't understand it.  I've had my kindle for months and I've read somewhere around 20 books on it.  Each book cost me $0.10 USD.  I've downloaded 56 to read.  They cost ten cents because of the download fee on the shop I use.  They were free other than that.  The average of that is $1.87 per book, counting the reader's actual cost of $99.00.  The readers may cost a lot, but they save you money in the long run.  Especially if you pirate, which I've only done on books I own hard copies of.  This isn't illegal as far as I know.  I can understand people liking having a hard copy, but there's nothing really wrong with having an e-reader.  Another thing I like about having them:  If a book falls in water, you need to buy a whole new copy, but with an e-reader (at least the one I have) you can go to the store and re-download it for free and read it on your computer.  I really enjoy that.  It's kind of like having an insurance policy on your books.  And if you want a new e-reader, the price on the books won't go up too much higher.  That's all I really have to say on this topic since it isn't too expansive, but I thought I should post about it because I'm apparently the oddball out on this.  Well, I hope you guys try your best to have a decent day.  See you on Wednesday!

No comments: