Friday, September 21, 2012

Adult Language

Over the years I've noticed that there are words that are considered adult language.  Now I'm curious as to why they're considered to be for adults when we condemn those adults who use them.  If adults can't use them since they'd be considered immature if they did, why shouldn't children be able to use them?  Aren't children known for being immature?  If so, then why can't they use language made for immature adults?  I'm confused on this one.  I mean, I would be considered immature if I said fuck every now and again, but I'd be punished as a child if I said the same thing at the same rate.  I don't understand the logic behind that.  That coupled with the fact that most adults want to be kids again really boggles me.  If they want to be kids you'd assume they'd be using immature language more often than they do now.  But they don't.  They condemn the people who use it as immature, and I don't see why they would.  Contradictory and possibly hypocritical, if you ask me.

No comments: