Monday, June 11, 2012

Ex-football players

I heard this on the news Friday that a bunch of ex-football players are suing the NFL because they weren't told that concussions resulting from football injuries can lead to long-term damage.  Isn't this common sense?  Seriously, what the hell? Common sense should tell you that if you abuse your brain for long enough in that type of physical manner that there will be some long-term side effects from it.  It's essentially like suing your cross-country team because they didn't tell you that if you didn't run properly you'd probably mess your knee up.  It's common sense.  I'm expecting to hear them suing big companies for stupid stuff.  Like someone suing a company that puts a ton of saturated fat and other unhealthy stuff in their canned foods and then someone had a heart attack after eating it.  Even though they put the 500 grams of saturated fat and 600 grams of sugar per serving on the nutrition label.  Use your common sense, people.  Repeated stress and injuries are not good for any part of your body.  Especially the brain.  I have to admit, this was the first time I legitimately thought ''I don't want to live on this planet any more.''  If you don't hear from me again for a while, I'll be building a rocket ship.

No comments: