Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flag Burning

I'll never understand what people have against it.  I honestly never will.  It's just a symbol, guys, nothing more.  Burning a flag is burning a symbol.  It's like saying nigger.  It's just offending the people most of us don't want around in the first place.  You're burning a symbol which can be bought for a few dollars at almost any store and was probably mass-produced in China or Vietnam.  Speaking of, am I the only person who finds it sad that the piece of cloth we Americans hold the closest to our hearts isn't even produced in America any more?  That piece of cloth we hold so near and dear, that our soldiers ''died for'', and which could be used to make more jobs in America isn't made in America?  Even though I personally think if you're dying for a piece of cloth then you're a fucking moron, I still think it's stupid that we can't even manufacture it in the country.  I know I'm going to get flamed for the first part of that last statement, so let me clarify this.  The soldiers did not die for the flag.  They died for the country that the flag symbolises.  If they really died for a piece of cloth that could be destroyed with scissors in less than fifteen seconds, they need to get their priorities straight.

No comments: