Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Transferring the Blame

I was reading some news website and I saw an article that interested me.  After reading it I realized that the whole deal was stupid.  Some guy in his fifties managed to withdraw 1.5 million dollars USD from his bank account due to a glitch.  He wound up getting 15 years for it.  Now, this is all fine and dandy, but they said the reason he didn't get more is because the bank he withdrew said money from didn't stop him.  So it's their fault that some fifty year old jack-off withdrew 1.5 million from their bank.  I mean, I think they should have caught it and stopped it, but the blame isn't solely theirs, it's not even half their fault.  If the man showed a little restraint while withdrawing money that wasn't his and then gambling it away, we wouldn't be in this situation.  The bank didn't break the law for once, the man who took the money did.  I'll admit that it was a substantial amount of money and they should have noticed, but it still isn't the bank's fault for letting it happen.  As long as the people who had their money in the bank don't have it fucked with, though, I don't really have an issue with this.  Exploiting glitches isn't just illegal in games, people.  It's illegal in real life, too.

No comments: